There are different kinds of roofs, but here the focus is on different kinds of retractable roof systems as this type of roof has a wide number of usages like car hardtops, observatory, stadium, swimming pool, and other facilities.
Today retractable pol roof system is a much sought-after roofing system, especially when it comes to a private household. For example, you can install it over the deck, small swimming pool, winter garden, outdoor dining areas, hot tub, sports ground, and others.
A retractable roof has several advantages, some of them are,
- It is really light in construction
- You save on electricity bills as you get free access to sunlight inside the room.
- You get protection from all kinds of inclement weather conditions.
- You get ample access to fresh air.
- The kind of materials you can use for retractable roofs are wood, soft roofing materials, polycarbonate, fabric materials. The best part is this kind of construction is really easy to clean.
All you need to select is the one that suits both your purpose and your budget.
Additionally, the retractable roof can either be built as a conventional construction or can be attached to the building. Also, other places where retractable roofs can be installed are, over the detached buildings, such as an observatory, a garage, a gazebo, and so on.
There are different types of retractable roof structures like louvered retractable roofs, which are just right for swimming pools. Also, the retractable roof can also be made from panels or blinds.